Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Photo Rip

I picked up our family photos from Sears today.

“Here’s all the pictures of your family…oh, look at the cute baby…oh my, isn’t she adorable…what a lovely fami…for an additional $20.”

What a racket?

They charge an arm and a leg for those photos in the first place, and then if they didn’t waste so much paper and ink trying to sell you those cheesy theme packages, they could probably chop half the price for crying out loud.

“…for an additional $20.”

Then, on your way out the door, after you’ve paid the big bucks at the previous sitting, they show you the finished works and then try to hang a few more out in front of you, just to sort of blackmail you, give you the idea that you can’t leave unless you plop down another twenty bucks.

“…for an additional $20.”

It’s worse than taxes.

Even more, they try and pull a total mind game on you. They use the best pose and toss in some wallets. It’s super annoying, because when you walk out of the store, they’re going to throw those pictures away anyway.

“…for an additional $20.”

What a waste; it is such a racket.

Since I totally knew what they were trying to pull, I didn’t feel bad about giving her the twenty bucks. Yeah, nobody pulls a fast one on me. I bought those pictures because it was a good deal. It was just $5 per sheet at that point, who wouldn’t buy them. You’d have to be crazy to pass up a deal like that. And we can always find takers for those pictures. For Pete’s sake, they’re adorable. It was the best family photo we’ve ever taken, and…



They totally worked me.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I'm enjoying this blog, Del! Not that I don't enjoy your others but you're right, this one's a little more carefree! And Grampa's right - your kids DO rock! And so do their parents!