Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blog For Joy

I’ve always envied my wife the carefree manner in which she blogs. It’s the equivalent of throwing open the kitchen window and bellowing wistful highlights at passersby…and they stop appreciatively to converse.

My blogs tend to be more like soapboxes, lectures, or maybe eulogies. They so often require (or hopefully inspire) deep thought or conviction. Heck, sometimes it even leaves me a bit melancholy.

I think that’s why I often neglect my blogs: it’s tough to watch helplessly as the hand-basket wisps purposefully (and all too speedily) toward oblivion; and blogging about it doesn’t help much, even if 2 or 3 of the other 6,000,000,000 people on the planet do happen to express their agreement.

My wife, however, blogs joyfully and often several times a day, because she “blogs for joy.” She loves God, she loves the children, she loves being a wife and mother, she loves life, and she loves me. She is happy, and by gosh she’s gonna tell…well, everybody.

Well, let’s face it, you can’t be married to a woman like that and not have a little of that joy and love rub off on you, and by gosh I’m gonna tell…well, everybody.


…brace yourselves…

No comments: