Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More To-Do

A List Scorned

I made another list today
I promptly threw that list away
As it fell I heard it say
“You couldn’t do it anyway.”

How rude, how brazen, how arrogant
To taunt me so, to claim I can’t
So what if that last shelf had a slant
A minor flaw, insignificant

My craft is proven, I have the skill
There’s hardly anything I can’t build
Or fix, or destroy to suit my will
It’s just at the moment, I’ve had my fill.

I’m taking a break from things to-do
A well deserved rest has long been due
So there, nasty list, you see what’s true
I have the skill, I just don’t like you.


So there…I’ll be on the couch if anyone needs me.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Great verse! I'm glad you're taking a break! It IS long overdue!!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving! XO (Remember that ODE TO DAD that we all wrote together in the van on the way to Grandpa's 80th birthday party? You made some great contributions to that. I can't believe I can't find a copy of that.)